Support for the Benefit of Everyone
Whether you choose to make an unrestricted gift in support of our Annual Fund, a restricted gift to one of our emerging initiatives, or a gift from your estate, you can be assured that your support will make a difference. Gifts to the DEA Educational Foundation provide the financial stability that allows the DEA Museum to preserve, maintain and enhance it exceptional educational exhibits. Through your support, we have the ability to develop educational exhibits and programming that underscores the dangers of drug use in graphic terms that students, teachers and parents can understand.
As the only Museum of its kind in the United States, the DEA Museum works with the Foundation to develop and implement outreach programs on both local and national levels that reflect the mission of the Museum and the goals of the DEA.
Gifts to the DEA Educational Foundation provide the necessary resources the DEA Museum needs in order to expand its programming, innovative learning experiences, displays and traveling exhibits. When considering a gift to the DEA Educational Foundation, a gift in tribute is a thoughtful way to celebrate a birthday, anniversary or other special occasion, to express sympathy, or to honor the memory of a friend or loved one. When you make a gift in tribute, a personalized card in acknowledgement is sent to the individual or family being honored.
The following are various giving opportunities that allow the DEA Educational Foundation to continue its vital mission.
Ways to Give:
- Gifts of Cash
- Simple and uncomplicated, gifts of cash can be put to work immediately and allow the DEA Educational Foundation maximum flexibility. Checks should be make payable to the DEA Educational Foundation. The DEA Educational Foundation also accepts cash donations using VISA and MasterCard.
- Gifts of Securities
- Such gifts, especially if appreciated, are enormously advantageous to the DEA Educational Foundation. Giving stocks and bonds that have increased in value (and that you have owned for more than one year) may provide greater tax benefits than giving cash. The easiest way to transfer securities is to have your broker contact the DEA Educational Foundation Office.
- Planned Gifts
- Such gifts will enable donors to make significant contributions that may have not been possible during their lifetime. Planned gifts, sometimes referred to as deferred gifts, are gifts which are made during your lifetime, but the benefits to the DEA Educational Foundation are not realized until a future date.
- Life Insurance
- Creating a new policy or transferring an existing policy enables a donor to convert a modest annual outlay into a substantial gift to the DEA Educational Foundation. You can donate to The DEA Educational Foundation by transferring ownership of the policy to the Foundation, or through your retirement plan, when you name the Foundation as a beneficiary.
- Matching Gifts
- Most companies offer matching gifts to their employees, enabling them to double their charitable gifts to a qualified non-profit organization. Many corporations will match the contribution of their employees, officers, directors, in, in some instances, spouses, retired employees, officers or directors. Your personnel office can tell you if this benefit is available and provide the appropriate forms. Corporate matching gifts multiply the value of your contribution and are an important source of funding for the DEA Educational Foundation.